Thursday 7 July 2011

Fun with the Lights Out

Only a little update today since I'm swamped with producing new stuff for to take to the Fringe Festival. For now here's the poster I did for a York production of Black Comedy that I was in. I can be seen at the bottom left of the photograph in character as Colonel Melkett. It was a big host of laughs and everybody said I was extremely convincing as a shellshocked racist.

I did all the text with my brush pen, inspired by some old film posters of the persuasion "just paint over a production still", and I think it turned out okay! Not quite convinced by the colour on the drop shadow on the title, looks a bit "shitty gold", but never mind, eh. The lighting design and photograph on the poster came courtesy of its sexy dangerous production team, Sam Briggs and Katie Lambert.

No comments: